Moning Maniacs Challenge
All the Dolls here at Paperback Dolls are fans of Karen Marie Moning. We’ve been wanting to do a challenge for a wile and what better way to do it than with an author we all absolutely love? Most people may not know this, but Karen’s world from the Fever series actually starts in her first series, Highlander. It’s where we’re introduced to Queen of the Tuatha dé Danaan and her Unseelie King. Adam Black, all the MacKelter men, and her rich world. So if you haven’t read Karen Marie Moning before, then this will be the perfect challenge for you. If you have read up to a certain point in one or both series, but would like to re-read and catch up, then join now!
Rules: The goal is to read or re-read the entire works of Karen Marie Moning before January 5th 2011, Shadowfever release day (as of now) is January 18th 2011.
• At present there are 11 books by Karen Marie Moning (excluding her novella Into the Dreaming), with a planned novel and last in the Fever series, Shadowfever, out January 18th 2011. We will NOT be including Shadowfever when it has been released, if it does in fact, release earlier than anticipated. This challenge is to get you ready for the last in Mac’s adventures. If you don’t want to re-read the books you have already, but would like to join in the challenge, then start from where you left off.
• If you decide to participate in this challenge, please use the links we have set up above with the buttons to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun. You can choose either button.
• If you decide to join in this challenge, be sure to create a post telling others, please make sure you add a link back to this post so others can join in too.
• You can join anytime between now and January 5th 2011. This challenge is open to everyone.
• You may use these books for other challenges.
• There will be a place for you to link your reviews, but this is optional.
Karen Marie Monings works in order:
Highlander series [PR]
Beyond the Highland Mist-March 1999
To Tame a Highland Warrior-December 1999
The Highlanders Touch-November 2000
Kiss of the Highlander-September 2001
The Dark Highlander-October 2002
The Immortal Highlander-August 2004
Spell of the Highlander-August 2005
Into the Dreaming-August 2006(Novella)
Fever series [UF]
Darkfever-October 31, 2006
Bloodfever-October 16, 2007
Faefever-September 16, 2008
Dreamfever-August 18, 2009
Shadowfever-January 18th 2011 CONTEST DETAILS:
The winner of this challenge will receive a lovely gift basket from Karen Marie Monings Online Store
and Leiha (Karen’s wonderful assistant) has also donated a signed ARC of Faefever.
There are rules.
To be entered into the draw you must:
• Sign up for the challenge
• Own a blog or have a place – be it Goodreads, Amazon, etc.- to be able to post reviews.
• Review each of the 11 novels in both series.
• On or by January 5th 2011 you must email us with the links to all of your reviews to kittn.paperbackdoll (@) gmail [dot] com, OR add your wrap up post Here
, and your name will then be placed into the draw. The winner will be announced on January 6th 2011! If you do not review every book then you will not be entered.
This contest will be International!
If you do not wish to be entered into the draw that’s fine, just carry on as you would have. Remember, you do not have to enter the contest to sign up for the challenge!
If you have trouble signing up, please email us with the name you want posted below.
When signing up for Mr Linky, please add the direct link to your website. If you don’t have a blog, leave the URL blank. Thanks!
*It has come to our attention that you will need a link to add to Mr. Linky. If you do not own a blog, then use http://paperbackdolls.com/*